iPhone 15 Leaks & Rumours
There are so many leaks and rumours in the market already about the upcoming iPhone 15 in September 2023. Since there were no significant enhancements over the previous generation of iPhone 13 & iPhone 12, 2022 has been a difficult year for Apple’s iPhone 14 series.
Due to the global shortage of the iPhone 14 Pro & Pro Max, Apple’s market share has significantly declined below 2 Trillion $. They are also facing a shortage of supplies in India as well & all of this is a result of the global semiconductor scarcity. Additionally, due to the COVID-19 scenario and China’s zero COVID policy, Apple is facing many problems in manufacturing iPhones in China. And to overcome this problem they are planning to set up new in India with their main iPhone assembler Foxconn.
As a result, in anticipation of the future iPhones, everyone expects that Apple will offer new & much-required features.
Key rumours of iPhone 15 :
- Apple iPhone 15 Ultra is coming instead of iPhone 15 Pro Max in 2023.
- Titanium body for the all-new iPhone Ultra.
- 48 Mega Pixels Camera & Lidar sensor to be provided in all the iPhone 15 series.
- New Periscope zoom lens for 5X to 10X Optical zoom.
- USB Type-C in all new devices but higher transfer speed ports for pro devices like iPhone 15 Ultra.
- RAM is to be increased from 6 GB to 8 GB in all of the iPhone 15 series.
- The new “Dynamic Island” feature will come on all upcoming iPhone 15 models in 2023.
- Solid state buttons instead of regular buttons for better IP Rating.
Top leaks in upcoming iPhone 15 :
Apple iPhones have always been the best in class regarding cameras. Earlier Apple was offering only a 12 Mega Pixel sensor in all the previous phones. After the iPhone 14 lineup, they offered a new camera sensor of 48 Mega Pixel but only for pro models.
- Apple is introducing Lidar and 48 Mega Pixel sensors in all the iPhone 15 series coming this year in September.
- Periscope Zoom Lens to be offered in the upcoming iPhone 15 lineup which will have 5X to 10X optical zoom.
Expected Models :
Apple introduced mini models with iPhone 12 & iPhone 13 but the mini was discontinued this year with iPhone 14 plus. They followed the old style of the Apple iPhone 6 series and replaced the 5.4 inches with the 6.7-inch display.
Standard or the base model iPhone 15 will come with A16 & rest of the high-end or pro models will come with A17. All the new pro models and the ultra model too will have all-new Apple silicon 3nm chips. These 3nm chips will be more efficient, powerful and less battery-consuming.
All the upcoming 15 series iPhones will have a major update in their RAM upgrading from 6GB to 8GB. This will surely increase the time to background app management and help to perform more tasks at the same time in multiple windows.
Specs & Body Design :
Apple may launch USB type C in all the upcoming iPhone models. This will lead to high speeds in data transfer like iPad & will become more efficient for charging wherever you go.
Apple is planning to replace the regular buttons with haptic buttons. These buttons will be fully intact with the body thus improving the IP rating of the iPhone. As buttons are not clickable one won’t be able to click and press the buttons, so instead the iPhone will give haptic feedback when the button is clicked. This will apply to all the buttons including the lock-unlock button and volume buttons.
Maybe we’ll see a body design change in the upcoming iPhone 15. Instead of the flat body square design, the downside edges of the iPhone may get curved like the old iPhone 6 & iPhone 6s. This will give a good and comfortable holding factor in the hands of the customers.